5 Laidback Statement Chandeliers
Lighting is one of the most important aspects to consider when designing your home.
In fact, when I go to see a clients home for an initial visit I always insist on seeing the space during the day so that I can see how the natural light flows into the space. It is so important to get a sense of how dark or light the space is during the day.
- Go for unusual shapes and materials. I love chandeliers that are made of different or unusual materials such as mud or wood. Glass chandeliers that are made with different shapes can also look beautiful.
- Go Vintage. Look to the past for something unusual. I love to trawl the flea markets for unusual
lights and Alfies Antique Market in London is usually my goto place to shop for lighting when we are looking for something special for our clients. If a special Vintage is out of your price range, then go for a remake.
- Go for hand made – the small imperfections in hand made or blown glass can create amazing texture that when lit at night can create a beautiful lighting affect.
- Go Big, many people make the mistake of putting Chandeliers that are too small for the space. It’s a personal pet hate of mine. You should always go for something that is bigger than you think you need. Just make sure that the height of the chandelier doesn’t hit your head when you have to walk under it.
- Look to install in unexpected places such as Hallways, Dressing Rooms or even Bathrooms to add impact and glamour to a space.
Here are some of my favorites…
- Starsky chandelier
- Sela Modern chandelier
- Sphere + Sterm Ceiling Lamp
- Stunning Crystal Droplets Chandelier
- Antique Brass Chandelier